OPEN FOR TOURS BY APPOINTMENT
Beginning in May
Advance appointments can be made for tours, depending on tour guide availability. Minimum admission is $25. Please call or email to schedule. 2 week's notice preferred.
BOYHOOD HOME OF ALMANZO WILDER
OPEN DAILY FOR THE SEASON, MAY 28th
Monday - Saturday, 10-4; Sunday 12-4. Last tour all days at 3:00pm.
MORGAN HORSE & CHILDREN'S ART EVENT
Saturday, July 30th, 10am-4pm.
- Special guest: Ellen Feld, author of the Morgan horse children's book series.
- Children's art show will be on display, along with student essays. Award ceremony.
- Kids art activities, 19th century games, vendors, food available.
- Morgan horses from Wm. H. Miner Institute.
- Watch for more details, including entertainment!
CULTURAL FESTIVAL- IRISH FENIAN FESTIVAL
Saturday, August 27th, 10am-4pm.
Celebrating the Irish heritage of the area in the mid 19th century with food, music, demonstrations, and more, Fenian Raid reenactments. More details to follow.
Spinner in the sheepfold - Blacksmith in the side yard - Shingle Shaver in the barn
Kerry Heiffer & Irish Gypsey Pony in the barnyard!
ENTERTAINMENT near or in the pavilion
Champlain Valley Dancers: 11:00 & 2:00
Fiddler, Paul Machabee & Harpist, Elena Machabee 11:30 & 2:15
Deidre McCarthy & Sons: 1:00 & 3:00
Ian McKone: Military historian & author of Vermont's Irish Rebel - in the schoolhouse 10:15 & 12:15
VENDORS & FACE PAINTING all day
KIDS GAMES & CRAFTS in the orchard
Traditional Irish Fare - noon - 2 or until gone
Sandy's Hot Dog Stand
ANNUAL HARVEST FESTIVAL & CIVIL WAR LIVING HISTORY ENCAMPMENT
Saturday, September 24th, 10am-4pm.
- All Wilder buildings will be open for self-guided tours.
- Civil War living history encampment and skirmishes
- Pumpkin painting and children's 19th century game in the apple orchard, children's corn pit in the barn, Farmer Boy readings.
- Adirondack folksinger, Roy Hurd. Performances at 12:30 & 2:30.
- Farm Market & Craft vendors
- Demonstrators (spinning, blacksmith, shingle making, more!)
- 7th Annual "As Time Passes" adult juried art show on display in the museum. Vote for People's Choice.
- Food and beverages available. Freshly made donuts! More details to follow.
Sunday, September 25th, 10:00-4:00
Open extended Sunday hours 10am-4pm; Regular admission and guided tours available.
Civil War Encampment and skirmish
FINAL DAY OF REGULAR SEASON, October 2nd
OPEN FOR TOURS BY APPOINTMENT For the month of October, advance appointments can be made for tours, depending on tour guide availability. Minimum admission is $25. Please call or email to schedule. 2 week's notice preferred.
"CELEBRATE CHRISTMAS WITH ALMANZO"
Saturday, December 3rd
11:00-3:00 Free admission. Come and enjoy readings from Farmer Boy Christmas chapter in the parlor of the house. (Adults must accompany and remain with child.) Enjoy cookies, mulled cider, Christmas carols, and children's activities. Come visit our gift store for last minute shopping with complimentary gift wrapping for purchased items. "Happy Christmas!"
ALL EVENTS AND TIMES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CALL THE WILDER HOMESTEAD AT
Almanzo and Laura Ingalls Wilder Association
© All contents copyrighted by the
Almanzo and Laura Ingalls Wilder Association & Design By Rainbow Graphics
You are the
visitor. Thank you for stopping by.